Saturday 19 May 2012


Is this world too negative?

I am busy studying sound technology at college and this week one of the things we dealt with is how to treat and behave around a vocalist when you are to recording them. And the main thing that my lecturer kept emphasising is that you should never use negative criticism on the vocalist, well any band member but especially the vocalist, because it not only breaks them down but also ruins anymore takes that you are going to record of 
them in that session.

It got me thinking. Why does that only apply to them? Every day we speak to people and some people are always breaking people down and bringing negativity into people’s lives. Why is it only important when trying to make music that we uplift people or give them criticism in a positive way?

This life is too short to live negatively, to be cynical and to generally break people down or berate them.  As I have said before, inspired people living inspired lives inspire the world. How can people be inspired by the negativity forced upon them, the negative criticism they receive or the rude comments made about them?

And the media doesn’t help either. Negativity is everywhere.

We need to start treating each other better, using constructive criticism, laughing more, living more and most importantly loving more. We create the world we live in so let’s start making it a place that we actually want to live in.

Music provides an escape for some people from everything. In a way it makes proud me to say that but it also saddens me. Instead of having to use it as a release we should be using it as something to build us up. Instead saying“Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul. I wanna get lost in your rock n roll and drift away.” we should be saying “Oh, give me the beat boys and uplift my soul. I wanna get lost in your rock n roll and live today.”

Keep feeling the beat

‘Til next time

Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment