Monday 14 May 2012



What does Music do for you?
 


When you surround yourself with music everyday like I do you start to see how it affects people. It shows you the diversity of human nature. It can even tell you about a person.Music is not just a bunch of lyrics that have been put to a beat that sounds good. It is something deeper, and more intense. Every word, every lyric is like a poem, reaching out to touch your emotions. Provoking your emotions. Trying to get you to feel something. Every instrument is there to capture your attention, appeal to your senses and draw you into a state of deeper meaning.


 How many people realize that?

 

I, for example, use music to express how I feel. Whether it is to show my emotional state or to compensate for my inability to express myself at that moment with my own words.


 The ability that music gives DJ’s is amazing. You will hardly ever find a talk show host getting the whole crowd to their feet, waving their arms like mad people. Unless of course there is music involved. DJ’s on the other hand almost always have people on their feet, going crazy. Why? Because their music is feel good music. It stimulates the feel good chemicals in your brain.


 I have been around music for so long now I start to see these things and actually take note of them. I start to pick up on the small things. That girl likes those songs, so she might be a very outgoing person. That guy likes that band, so he might be a very withdrawn person. But just like the art of reading body language it is never an exact science. There are so many variable that it could really mean anything.


So for me, as a student and lover of music, music is not only an inspiration but also a tool. It enables me to see and feel things that I would never have seen or felt otherwise.


What does it do for you?


I have another challenge. See which music best fits your personality and listen to it often. It could very well enable you to feel better about yourself and or circumstances.


 Keep feeling the beat.


 ‘Til next time.


 Grant 

No comments:

Post a Comment