Wednesday 9 May 2012


“Muse”-ic

So as a young adult/old teenager I find myself becoming more and more fascinated with life and all things in it. One of the many topics that I often ponder while I sit alone in my room, listening to music, is how can I inspire the world and it’s very diverse population with my passion in music? As of yet I do not have the answer but it did help me answer a question which has been on my mind for a while now.

How can I relate music and inspiration to one another in my own mind?

And I think I have a way to do so. Musicality is a noun that means sensitivity to, knowledge of, or talent for music and is differentiated by either musical receptivity or musical creativity. The people who are sensitive to, have the knowledge of (even if there are only a few people in the world who don’t), and have a talent for music utilise music regularly. I, for example, cannot go a day without music for if I do I will surely go insane (well that’s my rationalisation for it). Those with musical receptivity are open to music and will listen to it (I know, I know. I’m stating the obvious here. Bear with me if you please.). Those with musical creativity will find a way for their music to reach out and touch others.

Inspiration is the same. Those who are sensitive to it, have the knowledge to use it, and have a talent for using it will ensure that they use it, even if only a little. The ones who have receptivity towards it will become inspired; they will listen to what they are being told and use what they have gleaned. Those who have inspirational creativity will always find ways to inspire people, whether it is for a day, a week, a month or for the rest of their lives. They will not let their light be dimmed. On the contrary, they will help illuminate the path of others.

Music inspires people as much as people inspire one another. Music and inspiration go hand-in-hand as much as cars and engines do.

So I challenge you dear reader. Go out in your day-to-day life and find your inspiracality (Excuse the use of the poetic licence.). Find the music for your soul; whether it is opera, classical music, rap, dubstep, heavy metal, it doesn’t matter. Surround yourself with people who inspire you. Live an inspired life. And always remember:

Inspired people living inspired lives inspire the world. ~ Grant Ewels

Keep feeling the beat.

‘Til next time.

Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment